Code of Sportsmanship Conduct
Fort Lauderdale Touch Rugby Club (FLTRC) in keeping with a “sport for all” philosophy has established and abides by a strict Code of Sportsmanship Conduct governing all players to ensure we all treat each other with dignity and respect.
The Code of Conduct is a condition of full or part time membership for all players.
All members of FLTRC must agree to abide by the Code of Sportsmanship Conduct and to be subjected to the consequences of violating the Code. It is understood that by participating in any of FLTRC programs players are all bound by this Code of Sportsmanship Conduct and its validity is hereby a matter of record and is not dependent upon physical signature.
1. Respect your teammates, referees and opponents at all times.
2. Know the rules of the game and abide by them.
3. Verbal abuse of referees or other players is not acceptable
4. Deliberately fouling or provoking an opponent is not acceptable
5. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person regardless of their race, gender, ability, cultural background, sexual orientation or religion.
6. Do not conduct yourself in any way that is likely to offend by way of insulting, humiliating or discrimination.
7. Support and encourage your teammates. Set a positive example. Applaud good play.
8. Display good sportsmanship at all times on and off the field.
9. Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
Anyone found in breach of the codes may be subject to a committee hearing and the following :
1. Receive a verbal warning (first offence)
2. Receive a written warning that may lead to suspension or expulsion.
For any questions or to contact the committee : Contact Us